***This course is not available for the Track C July/August learning period.***
Recommended for Grade 5.
In this course you will learn about:
- Chemical Change & Properties
- Physical Change & Properties
- Properties of Matter
- Climate Change
This course will cover the following Next Generation Science Standards:
- Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
- Measure and graph quantities to provide evidence that regardless of the type of change that occurs when heating, cooling or mixing substances, the total weight of matter is conserved.
- Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
- Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.