***This course is not available for the Track C/August learning period.***
*Recommended for grade 4
This is a course that focuses on circuits, electricity and sound. Experience and learn the many ways we can generate and create energy.
Next Generation Science Standards addressed:
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.*
- Generate and compare multiple solutions that use patterns to transfer information.*
- Develop a model of waves to describe patterns in terms of amplitude and wavelength and that waves can cause objects to move.
- Develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.