Earth Rocks! (1 quarter)$120.00Instructor: Emilie EvensonUC a-g credit: No*Recommended for grade 4 In this 8 week course you will learn about:Add to My Courses
- Rock Cycle
- Earth Layers
- Metamorphic Rocks
- Igneous Rocks
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Weathering and Erosion
- Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock formations and fossils in rock layers for changes in a landscape over time to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
- Make observations and/or measurements to provide evidence of the effects of weathering or the rate of erosion by water, ice, wind, or vegetation.
- Analyze and interpret data from maps to describe patterns of Earth’s features.
I’ve got the Power (1 quarter)$120.00Instructor: Emilie EvensonUC a-g credit: No*Recommended for grade 4 This is a course that focuses on circuits, electricity and sound. Experience and learn the many ways we can generate and create energy. Next Generation Science Standards addressed:Add to My Courses
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.*
- Generate and compare multiple solutions that use patterns to transfer information.*
- Develop a model of waves to describe patterns in terms of amplitude and wavelength and that waves can cause objects to move.
- Develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.
To Infinity and Beyond!$120.00Instructor: Emilie EvensonUC a-g credit: No*Recommended for Grade 5 This course is going to take you, out of this world! You will get a chance to learn and understand the following: 1. Explore different planets in the universe 2. Understand the purpose and value of the Sun 3. Learn about the different distances earth is from the sun and other planets 4. Explore shadows to help tell time 5. Create and learn about different constellations 6. Experiment with Gravity 7. Study the different phases of the moon Get ready to blast off to Infinity and Beyond...Add to My Courses
Up and Atom! (1 quarter)$120.00Instructor: Emilie EvensonUC a-g credit: No*Recommended for Grade 5 In this course you will learn about:Add to My Courses
- Chemical Change & Properties
- Physical Change & Properties
- Properties of Matter
- Climate Change
- Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
- Measure and graph quantities to provide evidence that regardless of the type of change that occurs when heating, cooling or mixing substances, the total weight of matter is conserved.
- Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
- Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.