***This course is not available for the Track C/August learning period.***
For 8 weeks, this class will be exploring the beginning of our nation along the road to the Revolution. We will study the major events preceding the founding of the United States of America and relate their significance to the development of American constitutional democracy. We will focus on the following driving questions throughout this course:
- How did the development of the colonies lead to rebellion?
- To what extent did the Declaration of Independence establish the foundation of the American government?
Specifically within the Road to the Revolution course, you will learn about:
- The French and Indian War
- The Stamp Act
- The Boston Massacre
- The Sons of Liberty
- Common Sense by Thomas Paine
- Paul Revere
- Declaration of Independence
- Other causes behind the Revolutionary War
Recommended for : Grades 7, 8